Tuesday 9 January 2007

QotD: What A Waste - VOX

"What's something you bought, knowing it was a total waste of money?"

A tamigotchi...

I always wanted one as a kid. A distant uncle bought my brother and me a tamigotchi each, and then my gran threw them out the next day. The worst part was that she pretended she did not do it. I'll always have a small grudge against her for that. Not because she took it, but because she didn't have faith in us. She didn't think we could be good kids and still have a computer toy. And then she lied. Yeah, I'll never be able to quite get over it...plus, as an 8 year old, it was a really significant moment for me, because nothing else was important back then.

So one day, after the week at Schoolies, I walked in to Toy World. I bought the tamigotchi, which was over 20 dollars (back when I was 8, they had been 2 dollars each) and didn't have any money left for anything.

I took the stupid thing to work once, and got in trouble for feeding it before serving a customer :) Priorities, right? What can I say? I'm stupid. And I'll do anything to remain 8. Anything.

(edit 5/16/10: but I guess not...)

...however, in the end it died and I didn't reset it. It ran out of batteries and last week I threw it in the trash.

Goodbye Miss 8.

No comments:

Totals